The magnetherm 1.5 system is a totally unique, very competitively priced, device which enables magnetic fluid / nanoparticle hyperthermia testing. It operates at a wide range of user-configurable frequencies in one system with no hidden extras needed.
A totally unique device for testing heating capacity of magnetic nanoparticles:
- Low and high frequency from 100 KHz – 1000KHz: provides user flexibility within one system.
- Wide sample aperture: Enables calorimetric, in-vivo, in-vitro and materials experiments within one enclosure.
- Vertical and horizontal sample enclosure positioning: enables use with nanoparticle samples and animal models.
- Convenient bench-top size: provides portability, reduces footprint.
- Only requires a tap or a recirculating water bath for cooling: maintains room temperature.
- Used by our customers for in vivo mouse studies: provides user flexibility.
Whilst availability of magnetic nanoparticles, and their use, is significantly increasing, until now there has been no commercially available system to enable hyperthermia testing of these particles in specific applications at a range of relevant frequencies and field strengths.
nanoTherics has recognised the difficulty in sourcing off-the-shelf equipment which meets this need yet still allows for flexibility in choice of frequencies (low and high) used. The magnethermhas been designed specifically for this purpose, operating at a wide range of frequencies with field strengths up to 20 kA/m (25 mT) all in one system with no hidden extras needed. Since the heating capacity of magnetic nanoparticles will vary, depending on size, shape and material properties, it is critical to be able to evaluate heating capacity over a broader range of frequencies.
See what our customers say: http://www.nanotherics.com/products/what-our-customers-say
See what publications the magnetherm has been cited in: http://www.nanotherics.com/news-events/publications
Right: Magnetic hyperthermia data of 0.6ml Fe2O3 1 mol /L sample in dH2O compared over 0.6ml of dH2O control sample at 110 KHz, 25mT. We can observe the elevation of iron oxide temperature within 5 minutes of exposure to alternating magnetic field (25 mT) with frequency (110 KHz) subjected via magnetherm v 1.5.
Data courtesy: University of Paris – Dr Christine Menager
Frequently asked questions
- How does the magnet-assisted transfection technology from nanoTherics work?
- The nanoTherics technology is easy-to-use, fast, simple and highly efficient and uses magnetic forces acting on magnetic nanoparticles...
How to order
For latest pricing, ordering and details of all accessories and reagents - See our Ordering page.