The magnefect product range employ the patented magnet assisted transfection technology developed by nanoTherics which applies magnetic nanoparticles and oscillating magnetic fields to accurately and rapidly transfect biomaterials into cells. Our proprietary, patent protected magnet configurations and oscillating magnet array systems provide a novel technique for improved transfection performance that is not available elsewhere.
Key benefits of the magnefect over other transfection methods
e.g. lipid-based chemical and physical-based electroporation include:
- Excellent cell viability even 96 hours post transfection (>90%): cells remain viable and functioning for further experiments, unlike other physical non-viral techniques such as electroporation. Ideal for use in therapeutic applications and high value, in vitro experimentation such as neuronal cell, stem cell and primary cell research, where cell viability is economically desirable.
- Improved transfection efficiency and effectiveness: Lower vector and DNA doses needed and enables use with difficult cell types (e.g. neuronal cells, stem cells and primary cells) and tissues. Potential to penetrate physical barriers to transfection, such as mucous-coated lung epithelial cells, allows research into therapeutic applications in genetic disorders such as cystic fibrosis.
- Low running costs (as low as $0.1 per well): No additional or hidden expenses, no special plates or media needed.
- Rapid (<30 minutes), scalable transfection: Fast transfection possible in 6-well, 24-well AND 96-well plate, as well as 2 x 6-well, 2 x 24-well and 2 x 96-well formats. Speeds up research and increases throughput.
- Transfection in adherent state: Ability to transfect adherent cells at desired stages of growth (≤ Day 21 with neuronal cells in vitro) without need for detachment of cells.
- Functional with serum and serum-free: Enables flexibility in conditions used.
- Ability to re-transfect: Provides potential to improve transfection efficiency still further.
- Higher levels of protein expression: Increases levels of protein product.
- Potential for use in in-vivo and ex-vivo applications: including in vitro-based cell research, pharmaceutical drug discovery, agriculture and the development of gene therapies.
See what customers say: http://www.nanotherics.com/products/what-our-customers-say
See what publications the magnefect has been cited in: http://www.nanotherics.com/news-events/publications
how it works:
- Biomolecules, such as nucleic acids including plasmid DNA and siRNA, are first associated with magnetic nanoparticles using a simple one-step process.
- A strong magnetic force is applied using the magnefect system.
- The magnetic field rapidly draws the magnetic particles with associated nucleic acids into contact with the target cells.
- The unique, oscillating magnet array promotes uptake, resulting in improved, highly efficient transfection without disturbing the cell membrane or causing chromosomal damage.
We offer five ready-to-use magnetic nanoparticle reagents designed for use with the magnefect range.
How to order
For latest pricing, ordering and details of all accessories and reagents - See our Ordering page.