nanoTherics was founded in 2007 and was established with technologies and products resulting from leading edge research into use of magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications conducted at Keele University and University of Florida by Professor Jon Dobson and his colleagues.
nanoTherics now provides a range of magnetic nanoparticle-based products designed to offer faster, more efficient, scalable tools to improve research into genetic disease disorders with potential of taking these from research laboratories to the clinic.
The magnefect range of products that nanoTherics provides use magnetic nanoparticles and oscillating magnetic fields to accurately and rapidly transfect biomaterials, including deoxyribonucleic acids (DNA) and ribonucleic acids (RNA), into cells. The magnefect products apply an innovative, patent protected magnet assisted transfection technique with key benefits over currently available transfection methods such as lipid-based chemical and physical-based electroporation transfection methods including:
- Excellent cell viability even 96 hours post transfection (>90%): Less precious cells required which remain viable and functioning for further experiments.
- Improved transfection efficiency and effectiveness: Lower vector and DNA doses needed and provides ability to use with difficult cell types (e.g. neuronal cells, stem cells and primary cells) and tissues.
- Low running costs (as low as $0.1 per well): No additional or hidden expense, no special plates or media needed, therefore reducing your costs.
- Rapid (<30 minutes), scalable transfection: Fast transfection in 6-well, 24-well and 96-well plates, as well as 2 x 6-well, 2 x 24-well and 2 x 96-well formats, to speed up your research and increase throughput.
Benefits of the nanoTherics magnet assisted transfection technology over other transfection methods include:
- Transfection in adherent state: Ability to transfect adherent cells at desired stages of growth (≤ Day 21 with neuron cells in vitro) without need for detachment of cells.
- Functional with serum and serum-free: Enables flexibility in conditions used.
- Ability to re-transfect: Provides potential to improve transfection efficiency still further.
- Higher levels of protein expression: Increases levels of protein product.
- Potential for use in in-vivo and ex-vivo applications: Provides extra flexibility for additional research.
nanoTherics also provides the only commercially available hyperthermia device available for heating magnetic nanoparticles with variable frequency selection capability for optimisation of particle testing parameters.
Mission & Strategy
- Our mission is to become the leading supplier of IP protected magnetic nanoparticle-based transfection devices and reagents for biomaterial delivery into cells for the life science research and development market.
- Our aim is to provide superior performance products to address a global market and to underpin the research and development of current and future drug and genetic screening and gene therapy programmes.
Latest news and press
April 17, 2012
January 6, 2012
September 21, 2011
June 30, 2011